Happy valentine everyone. Hope you guys are having a great day with love and care. It’s almost a year since releasing version 7.0. I couldn’t find the right timing to release 8.1 updates back then so sorry for taking this long and I hope this big update could make up the lost time. Lots of bugs fixed and 8.1 enhancements are implemented neatly. Windows XP hasn’t been forsaken in this release and you actually get stable and low memory consumption Newgen here so be sure to update it.
It took sometimes because I caught a cold from my mom just before going back to Bangkok. I made some refinements since beta 4 to make it optimal for real world workstation usage.Steam gaming works great now and some processes don’t get stalled making over all performance breezing smoothly. I also revised additional optimizations to perform as startup optimizations making it more convenient to use.
Cheers to the first KitKat ROM I officially released. It took me 3 months for stable transition from CM10.2 having the following updates below.
-Most Linaro strict aliasing fixes are actual fixes not spamming fno-strict-aliasing
-Added bionic/framework optimizations from Slimsaber’s Linaro commits
-Updated compiler flag optimizations from SaberMod tweaks
-Updated MEOW-Kernel from latest commit
-Updated Linaro toolchain to version 2014.01
-Changed toolchain version back to 4.7 since 4.8 is yet to be stable
-Removed kernel’s strict-aliasing optimizations to fix unstable cellular network
-Fidelity optimizations re-configured for CM11 compatibilities with changes below
|-Increased default buffer size to 4096 to fix stuttering problem
|-Removed start threshold in HAL layer
|-Default sampling rate is set to 44100Hz
|-Reduce number of periods in kernel configuration
Truth be told, I think CM10.2 is more stable than this but right now CM11 is stable enough to use as daily driver with some fixes. I’ll update Fidelity patch sometimes later with ART support and fix some bugs.
After releasing LiveTuner, I came to the realization that all other projects’ user interface should be unified with the same UX style as well. So today I’m starting with UXTheme Multi-Patcher project. Aside from UX style, I also added more information about detected operating system that could help asserting situation when things go wrong.
Download: UXTheme Multi-Patcher 9.1
I’ve finally got back to my house today and made some tests with new Tenda’s separated modem and N600 router I installed just before leaving Bangkok hoping to see some good results. Unfortunately, I still experienced lag and delay sometimes although it could be very fast and responsive for most of the time.
So I downloaded WiFi Channel Scanner and found that my auto mapped channel is commonly used around my house. No wonder why I still have occasional lag even now. So make sure to check surrounding’s WiFi Channel signals and setup a unique one to avoid channel interference.